I was kindly given the Versatile Blogger Award from Gustavo Silva.
Thank you, Gustavo!
Gustavo was a previous recipient of this award and through this I learned some fascinating things about him. He is an oceanographer who loves the environment and lives on a remote island in the equatorial Pacific. He helps aquaculture farms raise their production by including environmentally friendly practices in their production system. PLUS he is a very talented cartoonist without ever taking a drawing lesson. Gustavo writes a terrific blog about “decluttering your brains and simplifying your existence” (with his drawings) called Frugal Science, which is well worth following.
Now… to the Versatile Blogger Award!
As a recipient, I am asked to choose 15 of my recently discovered blogs to pass the award along to, and I must follow some rules. Therefore, if you receive this award from me and you choose to accept it, these rules are for you too…
1. Thank the person who awarded it to you, by linking back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself in your blog post.
3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs (contact the owners to let them know too!)
Here are seven things about me:
- I am a graphic designer who enjoys photography. For my business, Red Barn Artworks, I digitally “paint” photographs and print them on canvas, note cards, and a variety of ceramic, glass, and other gift items.
- I volunteer for LostNMissing, Inc., a wonderful non-profit organization that helps families of loved ones that go missing. I design the missing posters. My heart breaks for those who suffer this fate and I am grateful that these people have this organization to help them.
- I once worked as a DJ at my college radio station, a monster in a haunted house, a sandwich maker at a Wawa, and a candy seller in Atlantic City. I’ve also made ends meet as a salad girl (yes, that’s what they called the girls who stocked restaurant salad bars 30 years ago), a hostess, a waitress, a bartender, an accounts receivable clerk and manager, a recruiting coordinator, an admissions counselor, and an advertising designer.
- Everything makes me cry… Disney movies, Hallmark cards, music, speeches, books. Okay, even commercials.
- I love animals. All animals. I hate to see any living creature suffer. I once drove 18 miles to try to save an injured frog. Yes, I said frog and I struggle to understand why some think that’s weird.
- My memory is awful. Truly the worst. It scares me. Food seems to be one of the few things that jogs my memory. If the food was memorable, then I might remember the moment.
- I’m wife to a wonderful husband and mom of two terrific teens (well… when they’re not harassing me or making me worry or ignoring me or making a mess or…;) I cherish time with my family and friends. I am thankful every day for their health, love, and happiness and I try never to take that for granted.
Choosing 15 recently discovered blogs is more difficult than I thought it would be. At first I thought that I would have a hard time thinking of 15 blogs. But now I’m having a hard time narrowing them down. I didn’t realize how many blogs I read. I love reading people’s blogs. If only there was more time in the day! I’m a fan of many of the blogs that Gustavo chose, so I eliminated those as they were already offered the award. And I am in a blogging “tribe” from which I am choosing some terrific blogs, but I will leave some great ones off the list so that others can choose them when they pass the award along.
So, here are 15 recently discovered blogs that I really enjoy:
The Thighmaster Route to Kona – Tasha Huebner
Single Past 50 – Tammy Bleck
Green with Renvy – Alison Abbott
Poultry and Prose – Susan Maricle
Broad Vision Marketing – Ann Mullen
Expect Success, Be Unstoppable – Julie Henderson
Working Naked – Lisa Kanarek
Pamela Maynard’s Pen – Pamela Maynard
Solo Mompreneur – Melanie Kissell
Walk Simply – Traci Lehman
Thrifty Decor Chick – Sarah
Slices of Life – Pedro Cardoso
The Niche Clarity Coach – Sherrie Koretke
Holly Fulford-Jeffrey – Holly Fulford Jeffrey
How About This – Kriti Mukherjee
These are all well worth checking out, all for different reasons. They are all well-written, some are informative, some helpful, some inspirational, some funny, some beautiful, some creative, all are thought provoking.
I hope they all choose to accept this Versatile Blogger Award! This was fun for me – thanks again Gustavo!
And thank you for reading!
Red Barn Artworks… A small company with a big passion to create meaningful art from everyday photos.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to see more, enter your email address to get them in your inbox!
Delivered by FeedBurner
Red Barn Artworks... A small company with a big passion to create meaningful art from everyday photos.